- Positions available in Minneapolis and Chicago.
We're always accepting applications for upcoming opportunities. Apply today!
The Nerdery is looking for a solutions engineer, the primary technical resource of The Nerdery’s sales team.This role comprises equal parts business analyst, requirements analyst, technical writer, and solutions architect. Solutions engineers possess strong technical communications skills, backed with experience and knowledge in interactive software development processes and tools. Solutions Engineers actively drive and manage the requirements analysis, technology evaluation, estimating and proposal stages of the sales process and work in unison with the Agency sales team as a key technical advisor and liaison to production staff.
- Produce proposals that are compelling to clients and can be successfully accepted by our development department
- Blend technical experience with strong written communication skills to clearly describe a project; be articulate to both business and technical users
- Assemble all relevant information that impacts cost of proposals, provide a description of services to be performed and labor estimate
- Identify and document the constraints, risks and assumptions needed to help ensure the described features can be successfully delivered
- Assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process by establishing and maintaining strong relationships through timely communication
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the capabilities of the development staff
- Accompany sales executives on calls and meetings to clarify vision of customer/prospect and act as a technical resource for members of the sales team
- Follow the documented proposal template and process rules
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment
- Ability to quickly understand high-level customer needs and identify prerequisite and adjacent tasks, features, and requirements
- Previous sales/solutions engineering or other similar technical role focused on creating proposals
- Strong technical interactive development background
- Business and technical writing experience
- Sales or business development experience
- User experience or design experience
- Project management experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical or writing intensive field (technical communications, computer science, etc)
- Portfolio of interactive projects/websites that you’ve built and maintained
- Published author in related technical and interactive genres
- Track record in achieving sales goals or measurable business objectives
- Public speaking experience
- Involvement in the open-source community
Nerdery Assessment Test
Applicants who progress beyond the first interview will be given a NAT Nerdery Assessment Test | noun Acing the NAT is hard work – because it’s real work. This is a test, this is only a test – but this assignment is the shape of things to come, if you’re hired. The NAT is every bit as important as what’s on your resume. tailored to their discipline. Applicants spend upwards to 10 hours on their NAT. Ace your NAT and you’ll get our attention.
This position qualifies for relocation reimbursement.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, 20 Days of PTO your first year
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.