Inside Sales Representative
- Positions available in Minneapolis.
We're always accepting applications for other locations and employment terms should the need arise. Apply today!
The Inside Sales Rep is an integral part of the sales revenue strategy and participates in the identification and qualification of sales opportunities and the assignment of accounts to appropriate sales personnel. The position is responsible for outbound & inbound telesales activity and is accountable for developing and supporting revenue growth in assigned territories by identifying/closing new business, managing existing business and enhancing sales. Each Inside Sales Rep is teamed with an Account Executive supporting our Enterprise Sales division based in our Minneapolis office.
- Make cold calls to vendors and potential clients
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base and engage prospective clients
- Assertively sell new corporate products or services to establish clients
- Provide back up for account managers by answering questions and developing relationships
- Manage Internet vendor leads
- Explain products and services in a consultative manner, matching customer needs with services and products offered
- Develop a referral network to assist in increasing the client base
- Build quotations on standard products, write orders and communicate pertinent information to customers
- Responsible for handling cancellations or changes in sales order and communicating the changes
- Understand service or product features and benefits, discussing credit terms, quoting prices, and preparing sales order reports or forms
- Must be able to interact with other departments to resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Will collate and consolidate report on monthly sales performance per sales personnel, per product, per region or office, and per industry
- Conduct market research to be followed up by the Territory Managers in the field
- Target top 100 companies in your territory by sending out marketing literature
- Be able to identify the qualifications of sales opportunities and the assignment of accounts to appropriate sales personnel
- Must work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the industrial distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- Knowledge of custom software solutions and programming languages
- Experience cold calling
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Ability to take criticism
- Passion for success
- Ideal traits: Confident, Positive, Enthusiastic, YOLO, Willingness to Learn, Tenacity
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast, food trucks and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, unlimited sick days
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.