- Full-time and Contract positions available in Minneapolis, Chicago, and Kansas City.
We're always accepting applications for upcoming opportunities. Apply today!
The Nerdery is looking for an Interactive Development Genius. Specifically, we would like to find a developer with skill in all aspects of web development who is highly motivated and always learning. This developer should be able to get all up in that J2EE goodness and be well versed in all the crazy Java Acronyms. We are looking for someone who can architect a solution from scratch and work with our design implementation team to be pixel perfect. Most of all, our ideal candidate should be a team player. They should be excited to share their knowledge and experience with our 200+ developer team through collaboration, group work and peer review. In addition, this developer would be humbly ready to absorb the nerdery goodness from the collective brain power of our amazing team.
- Strong background in web development
- Proficient in Java
- Proficient in SpringMVC
- Proficient in Hibernate
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in JUnit and/or other unit testing techniques and frameworks
- Experience building web services (REST, SOAP, Json, XML etc.)
- Understanding of OO principles and design patterns
- Understanding of multiple web application servers and their configuration (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Glassfish etc.)
- Understanding of multiple database products (MySql, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB and related tools)
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or equivalent and demonstratable experience
- Proficient in Android development
- Proficient in iOS development
- Architecture experience
- Experience building API's for mobile applications
- Proficient in relational database design and usage
- Proficient in non-relational database design and usage
- Proficient in additional JVM languages (Scala, JRuby, Groovy)
- Proficient in Play framework
- Proficient in Grails framework
- Proficient with Ruby, Python, PHP, .NET
Nerdery Assessment Test
Applicants who progress beyond the first interview will be given a NAT Nerdery Assessment Test | noun Acing the NAT is hard work – because it’s real work. This is a test, this is only a test – but this assignment is the shape of things to come, if you’re hired. The NAT is every bit as important as what’s on your resume. tailored to their discipline. Applicants spend upwards to 10 hours on their NAT. Ace your NAT and you’ll get our attention.
This position qualifies for relocation reimbursement.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, unlimited sick days
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.