- Positions available in Minneapolis, Chicago, and Kansas City.
We're always accepting applications for upcoming opportunities. Apply today!
The Nerdery is looking for a .NET developer with expert-level SharePoint skills. Our ideal candidate knows SharePoint in and out, knows back-end and hopefully front-end development in .NET, is highly-motivated, always learning and willing to expand their horizons. Candidates will be expected to code in C# and be able to architect and/or develop within enterprise-level SharePoint instances. Most importantly though, they embrace The Nerdery’s unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our 200+ developer team through collaboration, group work and peer review. Conversely, they would be humbly ready to absorb The Nerdery goodness from the collective brain power of our amazing team.
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 development (workflows, web parts, custom pages), Windows SharePoint Services, .NET Framework, MS SQL Server, Visual Studio 2008/2010, C#, ASP.Net, VB.NET, and XML.
- A solid understanding of business workflows and capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010, Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and 3.0, SharePoint Designer 2010, InfoPath 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, SharePoint Server 2010 Business Intelligence, and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint Architecture, Object Model, Shared Services, SharePoint Templates and SharePoint Features
- Familiarity with SharePoint design and development using Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer
- Experience creating and maintaining content in a production SharePoint environment
- Experience managing security in SharePoint and proficiency in SharePoint Administration
- Experience in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of public-facing SharePoint solutions and supporting of SharePoint/Web applications with a focus on corporate SharePoint applications.
- Familiarity with SharePoint 2010 installation, configuration and Central Administration
- Familiarity with PowerShell and STSADM
- Familiarity of ASP.NET MVC and strong ASP.NET Web Forms development
- Strong understanding of C#, application architecture and object-oriented design
- Strong understanding of .NET Framework, .NET 4.0 and the Microsoft technology platform
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web Forms development
- Strong understanding of at least one ORM (e.g., LINQ to SQL, NHibernate)
- Solid foundation of .NET Webservices (ASP.NET Web Services, WCF)
- Knowledge and advocate of best practices (standard naming conventions, architecture)
- Microsoft SharePoint certification such as MOSS and WSS
- Proficiency in the design and deployment of PerformancePoint and Project Server
Nerdery Assessment Test
Applicants who progress beyond the first interview will be given a NAT Nerdery Assessment Test | noun Acing the NAT is hard work – because it’s real work. This is a test, this is only a test – but this assignment is the shape of things to come, if you’re hired. The NAT is every bit as important as what’s on your resume. tailored to their discipline. Applicants spend upwards to 10 hours on their NAT. Ace your NAT and you’ll get our attention.
This position qualifies for relocation reimbursement.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, 20 Days of PTO your first year
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.