- Positions available in Minneapolis, Chicago, and Kansas City.
We're always accepting applications for upcoming opportunities. Apply today!
As a member of The Nerdery Consultancy team, you will enhance a multidisciplinary think tank with your unique perspective to architect innovative change and help organizations evolve. Consultants work closely with clients and subject matter experts at The Nerdery in a highly participatory process to address systemic disruptions and opportunities in organizations, infrastructure, products, and services.
Strategy Consultants are able to rapidly build domain knowledge, evaluate symptoms and root causes, facilitate workshops, and explain findings to partners with a wide range of technical and business awareness. Nerdery Consultancy helps our customers evolve. We assist our customers to grow by:
• Gaining operational efficiencies through process and organizational improvements
• Adding business intelligence and technical capabilities
• Facilitating the production of a strategy roadmap and implementation plans
• Leading innovation and driving to commoditizing software products
Consultants are responsible for:
• Consulting to our customers
• Producing consultancy assets for internal and external use
• Assisting Nerdery Sales to identify and sell consultancy opportunities
We expect our consultants to grow their skills continually and support each other in being successful. In addition they need to be: A relationship builder always concerned about the client’s well-being and their perception of both the consultant and The Nerdery.
- Strong analyst with the ability to distill the root causes from the symptoms
- Problem solver
- Holistic, long-term thinker
- Experience of working in multiple business domains
- Strong architecture and technology experience
- Excellent visual and written communication skills
- Capable of understanding the impact of business requirements on the technologies being used to implement them
- Able to reconcile and articulate ideas for many audiences
- Approach problems with grand vision balanced with practical insight
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- 5+ years field experience working directly with customers to: Identify organizational challenges, define strategic solutions, coordinate operational implementations
- Advanced or multidisciplinary degree in a field to include (but not limited to): computer science, computer engineering, visual or industrial design, technical communication, HCI, business management, economics, cultural anthropology, systems theory, game theory
This position qualifies for relocation reimbursement.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, 20 Days of PTO your first year
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.