The Nerdery selected for Facebook® Preferred Marketing Developer Program
Likeability ratings peaking
The Nerdery today became a Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) of Facebook® Apps: Facebook established its PMD program to represent the various technologies in the Facebook ecosystem and to recognize companies that develop holistic solutions. To qualify, The Nerdery included examples of its development work on the Facebook platform in its application, including apps created – some with ad agency partners – for EA Sports, Kraft, Norton, Purina, and Tampico.
The Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer program recognizes companies that have developed technologies in one or more of the following specialty areas: Page management solutions, ads management solutions, services and platforms for building socially enabled integrations, and/or tools for Page Insights analysis.
“The application process was highly selective so we compliment you on your success,” wrote a Facebook representative to selected companies on the competitive climate among applicants for the Preferred Marketing Developer program, whose mission is to help developers build products that make social marketing easier and more effective. The Nerdery is among 141 new companies added to Facebook's PMD program, which has 232 interactive firms from 35 countries overall.
As a Preferred Marketing Developer, The Nerdery is deemed sufficiently Nerdy to create Facebook apps with features such as:
- Facebook Mobile Platform - Single sign on, authenticated referrals, invites/requests.
- Open Graph Protocol Integrations - Adding proper Open Graph meta-tagging to websites to optimize social sharing and integration with Pages, ads, and apps.
- Devices/TVs - Facebook functionality for devices other than desktop or mobile browser experiences.
- Graph API – Login, requests/invites, friend activity, photos, wall posts, profile information.
- Facebook Plugins - Like, Send, Comment, Register, etc.
- Social Commerce - Implementations specifically targeted towards selling products or media.
- Facebook Credits - Allows users to pay for digital content with Facebook's payments system.
About The Nerdery
Web development firm The Nerdery (www.nerdery.com) has offices in Minneapolis and Chicago where more than 300 self-proclaimed nerds/web professionals partner with creative minds and big thinkers to envision and execute their interactive projects, including websites, mobile apps and social media. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. Through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, web developers have donated over $2.5 million in professional services to 84 nonprofits.
Office: (952) 948.1211 x1069
Cell: (612) 850.3178